Wednesday, November 30, 2011

All The Single Ladies


I don't believe in soul mates exactly because I feel like that implies that it's going to be easy. I do believe, however, if you place your faith in God, She will give you a person who can be the perfect complement to our hearts. 
When our hearts are without that addition which will illuminate our own goodness, we ache for him or her. In the book I am currently reading, Captivating, John and Stasi Eldgeridge eloquently encapsulate the deepest desires of my heart: romance, to play an irreplaceable role in a shared adventure, and to have my beauty unveiled and to be viewed as captivating. 
Meanwhile, I simply (though it is far too difficult to seem simple) have to trust in God. I may date all the cowboys and rockstars and fratstars I please, but I am waiting for God to show me who is right. I am trying to trust because God will provide for me what I need.

Luke 11:11-13
"Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead? Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!" 

Matthew 6:28-30
"See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that  not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, o you of little faith?"

alsoooooo

2 comments:

  1. You are totally right ! The only person you can ever fully trust and rely on is God. The rest of us are so darn fallible and imperfect. Right now, I am bawling my eyes out over who knows what, and no one is here to comfort me- no one but Him (or Her, as you like to say :) ). But, thats enough for me. You are still young my dear- there is plenty of time for someone capable for you to come along. Keep a prayerful mindset, keep your pretty head held up, and keep smiling and your life will be full and blessed, with or without a man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you wrote about this! Having just gotten out of a relationship where I thought he was The One, and now seeing how incredibly wrong I was, I am struggling with being single at a time when it seems everyone has someone or is getting married. I think it is really important as Christian women to be able to admit to each other, hey, I get really frustrated sometimes waiting for God to bless me with this or that. It happens - we're not perfect, and God knows that. It's just important when we do have those moments that we get around to remembering we HAVE to be patient and trusting no matter what.

    ReplyDelete