Saturday, July 16, 2011

Barbie Is A Tiger Killer?




Sufjan Stevens is my favorite musician. Not only is he an extraordinary guitarist, his earnest lyrics are unbelievably meaningful and have helped me along in my spiritual journey. The words of one song particularly resonate with me: 

"All the Trees of the Field will clap their Hands." 
If I am alive this time next year
will I be alive in time to share?
Mine is about as good this far
I'm still applied to what you are
And I am joining all my thoughts to you
And I'm preparing every part for you

I heard from the trees a great parade
and I heard from the hills a band was made
Will I be invited to the sound?
Will I be a part of what you've made?
And I am throwing all my thoughts away
And I'm destroying all the bets I've made
And I am joining all my thoughts to you
And I'm preparing every part for you

The Sumatran tigers of Indonesia are dying. There are fewer than 400 remaining. If even the trees of the field clap their hands and the hills form a band to rejoice in their Creator, would not the tigers be a living testimony to the wonders of God's power as well? We must do what we can to save them. People need to know about this. We don't all have to be the protestors or the boycotters. Just spread the word. 



Genesis 1:26 "Then God said, 'Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.'"

Isaiah 43:20-21 "The wild animals honor me, the jackals and the owls, because I provide water in the desert and streams in the wasteland, to give drink to my people, my chosen, the people I formed for myself that they may proclaim my praise."




No comments:

Post a Comment