Friday, December 30, 2011

Be Still


This was posted by "Being Liberal" on Facebook.


Happy New Year! There are a few traditions associated with New Years: a champagne toast, a New Years kiss, fireworks, good luck black eyed peas, and New Years resolutions. Well, I didn't get some of these this year... But I am making resolutions! My first one is to do 75 crunches a day with my best friend, Mackenzie. We live in different cities so we plan on being on speakerphone while we're doing them. My other one is to spend more time with God. This past year, I let myself get so busy I had no time to even breathe. I was painting constantly and when I wasn't I felt like I owed it to myself to let loose and have fun. So I worked hard and played hard. But I had no time to be still! I want to have a more peaceful year in 2012. I want to rest. I want to listen to God. It's a brand new year! Let's make this one a good one!




1 comment:

  1. Reminds me of MercyMe's song, Word of God Speak. I don't often take time to be still and reflect on God, listen to Him, and do what you have blogged about this post. This song always reminds me to do just that. And that sometimes we need not pray over and over for our heart's desires, with questions, or for others. Sometimes it's just time to sit, wait, and listen.

    ReplyDelete