Friday, July 15, 2011

The Most Fun A Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off



I'm returning home to O' town today and I'm sprawled out in gate A20, taking advantage of the nigh-empty redeye flight and I'm beamingly proud of myself. People at airports tend to be alarmed by how friendly I am, as if saying "have a nice night" after going through the first security checkpoint is unheard of instead of just good manners. And I was friendly still as I stepped up to the full body scanner they now have instead of metal detectors at the Phoenix airport and refused to have my constitutional rights violated. They radioed someone over, saying all officially that they had "a female opt-out." That was me! I then proceeded to a chair just beyond the scanner and took my pat-down like a champ, my head held high. Yes, airport, I am protesting. I will not have my rights trampled on. 

If you are unaware of the body scanners that have been put into use by TSA at many US airports, the scanner is a device which captures an image of the traveler's nude body so as to be sure they have no concealed, dangerous items on their person. It is also called the millimeter wave scanner. Like a vast number of American citizens, I am of the opinion that such scanners violate basic human rights set forth by the Fourth Amendment of our Constitution, which is stated as the following:

"The right of people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and affects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall be issued, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."




No comments:

Post a Comment