Friday, July 29, 2011

I Love You, Jennay


(All you Forrest Gump lovers who caught my error, I'll correct the prayer right here):
"Dear God, make me a bird, so I can fly far, far, far away from here."

I get really, supremely embarrassed when I get caught talking about somebody. We all gossip and trash talk from time to time and usually it stays within our own little guilty circle. But there's always those times when it doesn't. Especially when it's something really bad. Then said person confronts you and, if you're anything like me, you feel like you're going to puke and can do nothing but dwell on how awful the whole situation is. Dear Lord, forgive us our trash-passing as we forgive those who trash-pass against us... We're supposed to watch our tongues anyway. The bible says our tongues are powerful weapons and can be used like swords. Doing that in the first place would be the preventative method, but since we are all inherently screw-ups, that's not always going to be fool proof. We're going to slip up. And when we do, we're probably going to start freaking out a little bit. Calm down. Okay, that's probably too much to ask. But do your best to change your focus. Whenever your mind is plagued, for any reason, run to God. Pray. Cry out. Scream. Beg. There's no need to be polite with God; he sees it all anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment